U-Pick Apples & More!
Apples and pumpkins are available for picking from September 21st through October. Be sure to call the farm market for available varieties before heading out to the farm! U-pick strawberries start the berry picking in May. Blackberry and raspberry picking begins in early July followed by peaches.
Please note: No matter what the season or what the crop, crop availability may change within days or even hours. Due to the weather or the number of customers who visit to pick, availability can go from being lots of berries in the field with excellent picking to minimal berries to left to harvest. We suggest that you always call for current availability before heading out to the farm.
May through August:
Weekdays, 10am to 6pm
Weekends 9am to 5:30pm
Picking passes or General Admission tickets are required to enter the apple orchard. Picking passes are $5 and one must be purchased for each person entering the orchard. You will be credited $3 per pass to your final purchase.
The availability of our fruit depends on the weather and the seasons listed below are approximate. Warm days and/or nights ripen the fruit. Cool days and/or nights delay ripening. Always call for current crop availability before heading out to the farm.
- Strawberries: late May thru late June
- Raspberries: late June into September
- Blackberries: mid July into September
- Black Raspberries: July thru August
- Pumpkins: mid-September thru October
- Apples: mid-September thru October
Good to know …
- Check in at the farm market to purchase your Picking Pass, weigh your containers, and get directed to our u-pick field.
- Only pick what we are currently offering for u-pick. Don’t wander around the farm.
- You MUST pay for EVERYTHING you pick. Pick only what you plan to purchase.
- No children in the picking fields without an adult.
- ALL bags, containers, baby strollers, etc. are subject to search by our staff.
- Be careful when walking in our fields, footing may be uneven. NO running.
- For food safety reasons, please, NO dogs.
- We are a working farm. Be aware of and keep away from trucks, tractors & all farm machinery, whether parked or in use.
- VonThun Farms reserves the right to remove guests from our fields at any time.