Our u-pick berry fields are open daily, Tuesday through Sunday. Fields are CLOSED ON MONDAYS for field maintenance and to let the berries replenish and ripen after the weekend.
U-Pick at Von Thun Farms
The u-pick season is here and picking will be by RESERVATION ONLY. Please do not show up to the farm without a reservation as we can’t guarantee any time slots will be available for you and your group. For all the details, including prices, policies, and to make a reservation, click HERE.
The fields will be open daily, provided the berries are ripe, from 10 am – 5 pm. The last reservation to enter the field will for 4 pm.
Please note: No matter what the season or what the crop, crop availability may change within days or even hours. Due to the weather or the number of customers who visit to pick, availability can go from being lots of berries in the field with excellent picking to minimal berries to left to harvest. We suggest that you always call for current availability before heading out to the farm.
Good to know …
- Everyone 3 and over will need to purchase a picking pass ($3) and a container. There will be no checkout to reduce contact – you pick as much as you can fit into the container and you’re good to go!
- Everyone 3 and over is asked to wear a mask in the market and u-pick fields to comply with the Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Our barnyard area, picnic area and activity are all closed for the timebeing due to Executive Orders that we’re required to follow to remain open during this time.
- Only pick what we are currently offering for u-pick. Don’t wander around the farm.
- No children in the picking fields without an adult.
- All bags, containers, baby strollers, etc. are subject to search by our staff.
- Be careful when walking in our fields, footing may be uneven. NO running.
- For food safety reasons, please, NO dogs unless they’re a documented service dog.
- We are a working farm – please be aware of and keep away from trucks, tractors & all farm machinery, whether parked or in use.
- VonThun Farms reserves the right to remove guests from our fields at any time.
The availability of our fruit depends on the weather and the seasons listed below are approximate. Warm days and/or nights ripen the fruit. Cool days and/or nights delay ripening. Always call for current crop availability before heading out to the farm.
- Strawberries: late May thru late June
- Raspberries: late June into September
- Blackberries: mid July into September
- Peaches: mid-July thru August
- Black Raspberries: July thru August
- Pumpkins: mid-September thru October
- Apples: mid-September thru October