We’re looking forward to a fantastic 2021 Sunflower Trail Season!
Although it is still too early to confirm, we hope to have the Sunflower Trail open by the July 4 weekend … stay tuned for updates!
Nothing says summer like the beauty of a wide open sunflower field! VonThun Farms Sunflower Trail is located in scenic Washington Township, Warren County NJ.
Bring the kids, and plan to make our sunflower fields your summer photo-op destination! The field is beautiful and the views are amazing. Our sunflower field is 6+ acres and will provide continuous blooms through August. Although we ask that you social distance while at the farm, you’re welcome to wander and linger, and take as many photos as you please. You can cut your own sunflowers to take home too!
Tripods and other professional photography equipment are not allowed in the Sunflower Trail during regular business hours. We are offering special hours for photographers, so please, no scheduled professional photography sessions at the farm this summer during our regularly scheduled open hours.
Tickets can be purchased online or upon arrival at the farm market.
Our sunflower fields are a special place & we thoroughly encourage our visitors to make memories & take photos! Bring your camera and click away at the spectacular views, thousands of sunflowers & our many photo ops … just be sure to practice proper social distancing & be courteous of others. And please, no tripods as they tend to block the pathways while in use.
If you are a professional photographer, please check out our photo sessions page for information on our exclusive photographer’s hours.
The Details …
OPENS FOR THE 2021 SEASON: TBA (hopefully in time for the July 4 weekend!)
LOCATION: VonThun Farms, 438 Route 57 West, Washington NJ, 07882 (Between Tractor Supply & Warren Co. College)
HOURS: Daily, 10 am – 5 pm
DON’T FORGET: A face covering for everyone ages 3+, a camera and comfortable walking shoes
ALSO: Our farm market, cut-your-own sunflower field, and u-pick raspberry/blackberry fields are open (please call ahead for picking up-to-date conditions)
Sunflower Trail Pricing …
WEEKENDS: $10.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, a hayride tour around the farm, and unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail and photo op areas*.
WEEKDAYS: $7.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, and unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail and photo op areas*. (hayrides are NOT available during the week)
CUT YOUR OWN SUNFLOWERS: 3 stems for $6.00; $3 per stem
*Kids under the age of 3 are free. Sunflower Trail admission is free for Season Pass holders.
Good To Know …
- Via the Governor’s Executive Order, visitors over the age of two (2) will be required to wear face coverings on the farm if they are medically able. Visitors may remove their masks for eating and taking photos. We understand this is going to be a challenge for everyone and we truly do appreciate your complying with this policy.
- For the safety of our visitors and livestock, no pets please. The only exception is trained service animals (not emotional support animals). Although we’d love to allow pets, if we allow the good ones, we’ll have to allow them all, even those that aren’t as good as their owners say they are.
- It gets hot in the field. Bring a drink, and maybe even an umbrella on sunny days.
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, and closed toe shoes. The field can be uneven in spots, and the trail is dirt.
- Strollers are allowed, but may be tough to push in spots.
- Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes to get to and through our trail. (Photo op time additional!)
- Our farm market is open daily, 10am to 6pm.
- The Sunflower Trail is NOT offered at our South Brunswick location.
Disclaimer & Important Info …
- Sunflowers are an agricultural crop and are therefore subject to blooming and growing condition variables as well as the weather. Sunflower Trail dates that are listed are anticipated and approximate, as we cannot guarantee when the sunflowers will start or end blooming. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for Sunflower Trail updates. The Sunflower Trail is an outdoor event, and is therefore held weather permitting.
- Should a complete crop failure arise or natural disaster occur, tickets will be exchanged for VonThun Farms Fall Family Fun tickets OR a VonThun Farms upcoming event OR for a VonThun Farms gift card. NO cash refunds will be given.