The New Jersey Sunflower Trail at Von Thun Farms
The New Jersey Sunflower Trail is closed for the 2021 season. Thank you for a majestic sunflower season – hoping to see you again next summer for more sunflower magic!
Weekend Sunflower Admission – $12.99 & Up
Includes access to the New Jersey Sunflower Trail, photo op areas, and our farm animal barnyard area as well as admission to the picking fields (MUST purchase container for picking) and a hayride around the farm.
Also available for an additional cost:
- U-cut sunflowers: 3 stems for $6; $3 per stem
- U-pick peaches & summer flowers
- Face painting*
- Rotating food vendors & craft NJ breweries (select Sundays)
*Subject to artist availability
Weekday Sunflower Admission – $9.99 & up
Includes access to the New Jersey Sunflower Trail, photo op areas, and our farm animal barnyard area as well as admission to the picking fields (MUST purchase container for picking). Hayrides are NOT available during the week.
Also available for an additional cost:
*If visiting on Monday, 9/6 (Labor Day) weekend price of $12.99 applies.
Plan Your Visit
Nothing says summer like the beauty of a wide open sunflower field! The New Jersey Sunflower Trail at Von Thun Farms is located in scenic Washington Township, NJ (Warren County). While you’re visiting, you can wander the Trail, pick peaches, and cut your own summer flowers, visit our farm animals, shop our farm market, and take as many photos as you’d like! We have 10+ photo ops to make your experience complete like our signature red truck, Chevy bench, and butterfly wings.
Operating Hours: Daily, 10 – 5 weekdays, 9 – 5 weekends
Tickets: Online tickets are STRONGLY encouraged and available HERE (2 & under are free)
Our sunflower fields are a special place & we thoroughly encourage our visitors to make memories & take photos! Bring your camera and click away at the spectacular views, thousands of sunflowers & our many photo ops … just be sure to practice proper social distancing & be courteous of others. And please, no tripods as they tend to block the pathways while in use.
If you are a professional photographer, please check out our photo sessions page for information on our exclusive photographer’s hours.
U-Cut Summer Flowers
We’re not just about sunflowers at the farm – we grow a wide variety of other flowers that you can cut and use to make your own bouquet!
We grow zinnias, marigolds, feather and cockscomb celosia, colored sunflowers, statice, ageratum, and lisianthus. Buy a vase or jar from us and fill it with as many cut flowers as you can! You must have a ticket to the Sunflower Trail in order to enter the u-cut flower fields.
Standard sunflowers can NOT be included in the bouquets.
Good To Know …
- Pets are NOT permitted on the farm. Service animals covered by the ADA will be allowed entry.
- It gets hot in the field. Bring a drink, and maybe even an umbrella on sunny days.
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, and closed toe shoes. The field can be uneven in spots, and the trail is dirt.
- Strollers are allowed, but may be tough to push in spots.
- Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes to get to and through our trail. (Photo op time additional!)
- Our farm market is open daily, 10am to 6pm.
- The Sunflower Trail is NOT offered at our South Brunswick location.
Disclaimer & Important Info …
- Sunflowers are an agricultural crop and are therefore subject to blooming and growing condition variables as well as the weather. Sunflower Trail dates that are listed are anticipated and approximate, as we cannot guarantee when the sunflowers will start or end blooming. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for Sunflower Trail updates. The Sunflower Trail is an outdoor event, and is therefore held weather permitting.
- Should a complete crop failure arise or natural disaster occur, tickets will be exchanged for VonThun Farms Fall Festival tickets OR a VonThun Farms upcoming event OR for a VonThun Farms gift card. NO cash refunds will be given.