The Sunflower Trail
Nothing says summer like the beauty of a wide open field of sunflowers! VonThun Farms Sunflower Trail is located in scenic Washington Township, Warren County NJ.
Bring the kids, and plan to make the Sunflower Trail your summer photo op destination! The field is beautiful and the views are amazing. We’ve planted 6+ acres of sunflowers that will provide continuous blooms for more than a month. You’re welcome to wander and linger, and take as many photos as you please. You can cut your own sunflowers to take home too! (PLEASE NOTE: The farm, and Sunflower Trail, are closed on Mondays) Tickets can be purchased online or upon arrival at the farm market.
SUNFLOWER TRAIL UPDATES:
Wednesday, July 24: The Sunflower Trail is now OPEN for the season! Open daily 10am-6pm, closed on Mondays.
Tuesday, July 23: The Sunflower Trail is closed today due to the excessive amount of rain we received yesterday & the trail’s slippery conditions … we hope to open tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Friday, July 19: Although there are a few sunflowers that are starting to bloom, we think this heat is just too much and it’s keeping the flowers from blooming. The trail is now scheduled to open on Tuesday, July 23rd.
The Details …
OPENS FOR THE SEASON: Saturday, July 20, 2019 (tentative … might be sooner!)
LOCATION: VonThun Farms, 438 Route 57 West, Washington NJ, 07882 (Between Tractor Supply & Warren Co. College)
HOURS: 10am to 5pm Tuesday through Sunday (closed Mondays)
DON’T FORGET: Don’t forget to bring a camera. If you’re planning to take photos with your cell phone, make sure the phone is fully charged! You’ll be doing lots of walking, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
ALSO: Our farm market, cut-your-own sunflower field, and u-pick raspberry/blackberry fields are open daily (closed Monday)
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Cindy@VonThunFarms.com or call 732-986-6816
Sunflower Trail Pricing …
WEEKENDS: Choose your package!
- Sunflower Trail & hayride: $9.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, a hayride tour around the farm, and unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail and photo op areas*.
- Sunflower Trail, hayride, & 3 sunflowers: $14.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, a hayride tour around the farm, & unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail, & photo op areas*.
- Sunflower Trail, hayride, & activity area: $14.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, a hayride tour around the farm, & unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail, photo op areas, & family fun activity area*.
- The ULTIMATE package: Sunflower Trail, hayride, activity area & 3 sunflowers: $19.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, a hayride tour around the farm, & unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail, photo op areas, family fun activity area, AND three sunflowers to take home!*
WEEKDAYS: $6.99 per person, includes access to our farm animal barnyard area, and unlimited access to our Sunflower Trail and photo op areas*. (hayrides are not available during the week.)
CUT YOUR OWN SUNFLOWERS: 3 stems for $6.00; $3 per stem
*Kids under the age of 3 are free.
Good To Know …
- For the safety of our visitors and livestock, no pets please. (Although we’d love to allow pets, if we allow the good ones, we’ll have to allow them all, even those that aren’t as good as their owners say they are.)
- It gets hot in the field. Bring a drink, and maybe even an umbrella on sunny days.
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, and closed toe shoes. The field can be uneven in spots, and the trail is dirt.
- Strollers are allowed, but may be tough to push in spots.
- Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes to get to and through our trail. (Photo op time additional!)
- Our farm market is open daily, 10am to 6pm.
- The Sunflower Trail is NOT offered at our South Brunswick location.
Disclaimer & Important Info …
- Sunflowers are an agricultural crop and are therefore subject to blooming and growing condition variables as well as the weather. Sunflower Trail dates that are listed are anticipated and approximate, as we cannot guarantee when the sunflowers will start or end blooming. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for Sunflower Trail updates. The Sunflower Trail is an outdoor event, and is therefore held weather permitting.
- Should a complete crop failure arise or natural disaster occur, tickets will be exchanged for VonThun Farms Fall Family Fun tickets OR a VonThun Farms upcoming event OR for a VonThun Farms gift card. NO cash refunds will be given.