Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Serves: 8 servings
The whole family will savor this delicious strawberry cream cheese pie - especially if they love cheesecake! Another type can also be substituted for strawberries in this recipe.
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup strawberries
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to plate.
- Trim pastry to ½ in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg substitute, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Arrange strawberries over filling.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in chopped strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon or brush over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.