Aahhhh … the smell of fresh pine. This time of year, there’s nothing better! Wreaths. Kissing Balls. Swags. Crosses. Candy Canes. Grave Blankets. Centerpieces. Bring a friend! This holiday season, consider participating in one of our Christmas Make & Take event- ‘Tis the season … and there’s nothing more rewarding than creating and crafting something yourself. SIGN UP HERE
The concept is simple …
We’ll supply everything you’ll need to make your own fresh evergreen Christmas decorations. We’ve got ribbon in every size, shape, & color … and plenty of festive add-on ornaments to match. Have your own ornament/decorations you’d prefer to use? Great … bring them along and add them to your wreath!
There’s lots of festive choices …
- 12 CLAMP WREATH: Will finish to be approximately 20″ … perfect for your door. ($20, includes bow of your choice). Decorations are available at an additional cost. Choose as many or as few as you want, or bring your own.
- 14 CLAMP WREATH: Will finish to be approximately 24″ … a little bigger wreath – great for a front door! ($23, includes bow of your choice). Decorations are available at an additional cost. Choose as many or as few as you want, or bring your own.
- CANDY CANE: Approximately 32″ tall. A fun alternative to the common wreath. They look great on a front door! ($25, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- DOOR ARCH SWAG: An elegant evergreen arch that looks great over any doorway, inside or out! ($20, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- DOOR CHARM: A fragrant vertical evergreen strip that is a simple alternative to the common wreath. Great for doors, inside or out! ($20, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- KISSING BALL: A fun holiday decoration! Hang a kissing ball right where you hung your hanging flower basket all summer… they’re great for some outdoor holiday color. A ball of evergreens adorned with flowing ribbon & simple decorations. ($25, includes decorations & ribbon of your choice)
- CROSS: Approximately 32″ long. Use this on your door or as a grave cover at the cemetery. ($30, includes elegant decorations & your choice of bow)
- GRAVE BLANKET: Approximately 36″ long by 22″ wide. Common size used for most grave sites. ($30, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- GRAVE PILLOW: Approximately 18″ long by 18″ wide. Appropriate for a smaller grave site. ($20, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- EVERGREEN MUG: Create a simple evergreen arrangement that’s sure to fill any room with holiday fragrance! ($8, includes a ceramic Christmas mug & simple decorations)
- BASKET CENTERPIECE: Mixed evergreens in a white wicker basket ($20, includes a festive bow & simple decorations)
- DOUBLE CANDLE CENTERPIECE: An elegant table centerpiece with fragrant evergreens and two tall red candles. ($20, includes festive bows & simple decorations)
Class dates & times offered…
Classes typically run 1.5 – 2 hours, depending on the project you choose to make. SIGN UP HERE
- Friday, November 30 at 7pm
- Saturday, December 1 (Two classes offered): 1pm & 3pm
- Sunday, December 2 at 2pm
- Friday, December 3 at 7pm
- Saturday, December 8 (Two classes offered): 1pm & 3pm
- Sunday, December 9 at 2pm
- Friday, December 14 at 7pm
- Saturday, December 15 (Two classes offered): 1pm & 3pm
- Sunday, December 16 at 2pm
Make & take class details …
- Classes meet at VonThun’s Farm Market, 438 Route 57 West, Washington.
- There is no heat in the farm market … dress warm in layers rather than heavy coats, so you’ll be able to freely move about while working.
- When working with evergreens, your hands may get sappy. Bring gloves if you prefer.
- If you have a set of pruners that you’re comfortable using, bring those along too. If not, we’ve got them for you to use.
- Choose your special Christmas project from our list above.
- Space is limited. A $20 non-refundable deposit will reserve your class spot … SIGN UP HERE. Deposit will be deducted from your project total … final project cost will be determined upon project completion, & must be paid at the end of class. Cash, personal checks, Visa, MC, & Discover accepted.
- Although all projects are made with fresh evergreens & will last through December, centerpieces are best made closer to Christmas to keep them fresh since they’ll be used indoors.