U-Pick at Von Thun’s
Strawberry season is here and picking will be by RESERVATION ONLY. Please do not show up to the farm without a reservation as we can’t guarantee any time slots will be available for you and your group. For all the details, including prices, policies, and to make a reservation, click HERE.
The strawberry fields will be open daily, provided the berries are ripe, from 9 am – 5 pm. The last reservation to enter the field will for 4 pm.
Please note: No matter what the season or what the crop, crop availability may change within days or even hours. Due to the weather or the number of customers who visit to pick, availability can go from being lots of berries in the field with excellent picking to minimal berries to left to harvest. We suggest that you always call for current availability before heading out to the farm (732-329-8656).
Visit us all season long to pick-your-own. As one crop ends, it’s not long until another begins. Don’t miss our annual Strawberry Festival (CANCELLED FOR 2020), Blueberry Fun Days (July), Apple Festival (September), and Fall Festival (October) weekends!
Good to know …
- Everyone 3 and over will need to purchase a picking pass ($3) and a container ($4 – $22). There will be no checkout to reduce contact – you pick as much as you can fit into the container and you’re good to go!
- Everyone 3 and over is required to wear a mask in the market, greenhouse and u-pick fields.
- Our barnyard area, picnic area and activity are all closed for the timebeing due to Executive Orders that we’re required to follow to remain open during this time.
- Only pick what we are currently offering for u-pick. Don’t wander around the farm.
- No children in the picking fields without an adult.
- All bags, containers, baby strollers, etc. are subject to search by our staff.
- Be careful when walking in our fields, footing may be uneven. NO running.
- For food safety reasons, please, NO dogs unless they’re a documented service dog.
- We are a working farm – please be aware of and keep away from trucks, tractors & all farm machinery, whether parked or in use.
- VonThun Farms reserves the right to remove guests from our fields at any time.
The availability of all crops depends on the weather and seasons are approximate. Always call for current crop availability before heading out to the farm.
- Strawberries: mid May thru mid June
- Blueberries: mid June thru mid July (u-pick fields are closed on Mondays for the berries to ripen & replenish)
- Blackberries: mid July thru mid August (u-pick fields are closed on Mondays for the berries to ripen & replenish)
- Assorted seasonal vegetables: early July through August
- Pumpkins: mid September thru October
- Apples: mid September thru October