U-Pick Apples & Pumpkins at Von Thun’s
*We are currently picked out of ripe apples. We are hopeful more will ripen prior to this upcoming weekend.*
Our apple orchard and pumpkin patch are open daily from 10 – 5 pm, providing there are ripe apples and pumpkins to pick.
Please note: No matter what the season or what the crop, crop availability may change within days or even hours. Due to the weather or the number of customers who visit to pick, availability can go from being lots of berries in the field with excellent picking to minimal berries to left to harvest. We suggest that you always call for current availability before heading out to the farm (732-329-8656).
Weekdays: 10am – 5pm
Weekends: 9am – 5pm
Picking Pass (required for everyone 3+): $3
Small Apple Bag: $6 (2 – 2.5 lbs, 1 person)
Medium Apple Bag: $9 (3 – 4 lbs, 1 – 2 people)
Large Apple Bag: $15 (6 – 7 lbs, up to 4 people)
Visit us all season long to pick-your-own. As one crop ends, it’s not long until another begins. Don’t miss our annual Strawberry Festival (CANCELLED FOR 2020), Blueberry Fun Days (CANCELLED FOR 2020), and Fall Festival (September & October) weekends!
- Everyone 3 and over will need to purchase a picking pass ($3) and an apple bag (see box above for apple bag sizes and how many people can share each size). There will be no checkout to reduce contact – you pick as much as you can fit into the bag and you’re good to go!
- Everyone over the age of 2 who is medically able is required to wear a mask while at the farm unless eating or taking photos.
- Only pick what we are currently offering for u-pick. Don’t wander around the farm.
- No children in the picking fields without an adult.
- All bags, containers, baby strollers, etc. are subject to search by our staff.
- Be careful when walking in our fields, footing may be uneven. NO running.
- For food safety reasons, please, NO dogs unless they’re a documented service dog.
- We are a working farm – please be aware of and keep away from trucks, tractors & all farm machinery, whether parked or in use.
- VonThun Farms reserves the right to remove guests from our fields at any time.
The availability of all crops depends on the weather and seasons are approximate. Always call for current crop availability before heading out to the farm.
- Strawberries: mid May thru mid June
- Blueberries: mid June thru mid July (u-pick fields are closed on Mondays for the berries to ripen & replenish)
- Blackberries: mid July thru mid August (u-pick fields are closed on Mondays for the berries to ripen & replenish)
- Assorted seasonal vegetables: early July through August
- Pumpkins: mid September thru October
- Apples: mid September thru October