We can’t wait until our strawberries get ripe! Weather permitting, we’ll be picking them mid May thru Mid June. And by early June, maybe we’ll have some peas to pick too. Check here often as the season approaches for more updates.
Spring & Summer hours for our Washington, NJ & South Brunswick, NJ locations…
May through August: Weekdays, 10am to 6:00pm, Weekends 9am to 5:30pm
Fall hours for our South Brunswick, NJ location (there are no fall activites offered at our Washington, NJ location for 2017)…
September & October: Open daily, 10am to 5pm
We accept Cash, Credit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, & American Express
If you want your fruits and veggies as fresh as fresh can be, visit the farm and pick them yourself! Keep in mind that the availability of all crops depends on the weather, and that the seasons listed below are approximate. Always call for current crop availability before heading out to the farm. Please note that our crops differ with the two VonThun Farms locations.
- Strawberries: mid May thru mid June (available at both the Washington, NJ & South Brunswick, NJ farms)
- Blueberries: mid June thru mid July (available at the South Brunswick, NJ farm only)
- Blackberries: mid July thru mid August (available at both the Washington, NJ & South Brunswick, NJ farms)
- Raspberries: August (available at the Washington, NJ farm only)
- Assorted Seasonal vegetables: early July through August (available at the South Brunswick, NJ farm only)
- Pumpkins: mid September thru October (available at the South Brunswick, NJ farm only)
- Apples: mid September thru October (available at the South Brunswick, NJ farm only)
Picking Passes for VonThun Farms, South Brunswick
Picking Passes can be purchased for $5 per person in our Farm Market, and are needed prior to entering any of our Spring and Summer picking fields. (Passes are not needed to pick pumpkins or apples.) The cost of your Picking Pass will be deducted from your total U-Pick purchase when you are done picking.
Farm Policies & Rules
Please keep in mind that VonThun Farms is a real working farm! View our U-Pick Policies & Rules
- Check in at the farm market to purchase your Picking Pass, weigh your containers, and get directed to our u-pick field.
- Only pick what we are currently offering for u-pick. Don’t wander around the farm.
- You MUST pay for EVERYTHING you pick. Pick only what you plan to purchase.
- No children in the picking fields without an adult.
- ALL bags, containers, baby strollers, etc. are subject to search by our staff.
- Be careful when walking in our fields, footing may be uneven. NO running.
- For food safety reasons, please, NO dogs.
- We are a working farm. Be aware of and keep away from trucks, tractors & all farm machinery, whether parked or in use.
- VonThun Farms reserves the right to remove guests from our fields at any time.