Serves: 4 servings
You won't even think about leaving your peas on your plate with this recipe! These peas are easy to make and easy to pair with virtually any dinner.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots, sliced
- 1 lb fresh peas
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and a pinch of salt and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the peas and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until the peas are soft but still bright green.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and a generous pinch of black pepper.