Mustard Greens Salad with Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes
Serves: 4 servings
We weren't too sure about this recipe either...until we tried it! There is a very pungent flavor to this quirky salad.
- 2-3 medium-large white potatoes, unpeeled and chopped (about 4-5 cups)
- Olive oil
- 5 cups mustard greens, stems removed, leaves washed, dried, and shredded or chopped
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add chopped potatoes to a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer and roast in the oven until soft and golden brown (approx. 40 minutes).
- While the potatoes are roasting, chop your veggies and prepare dressing.
- To prepare dressing, combine red wine vinegar, shallots, garlic, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, parsley, ½ cup olive oil, water, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- When potatoes are done roasting, remove from oven and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place mustard greens in a large salad bowl, top with slightly cooled roasted potatoes, tomatoes, onions and pour ½ cup dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
- Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.