Pasta with Spring Peas
Serves: 4 servings
Peas are great because they have a natural sweetness that's subtle. This is a vegetarian recipe but it's easy to incorporate chicken tenderloins or a fish, such as salmon, for added protein.
- 1 lb pappardelle or linguine
- 1 lb peas
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Pulse the peas in a food processor or blender until chopped but not pureed. Add ½ cup ricotta, salt, and pepper and pulse to combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ⅓ cup of the pasta water, and return it to the pot. Add the peas and reserved pasta water and toss.
- Divide the pasta among individual bowls. Top with the remaining ricotta, a sprinkle of chives, and a drizzle of oil.