Melon and Peach Salsa
Serves: 8 servings
This recipe is borrowed from the Farmers Against Hunger cookbook. This is another terrific summer dish that can be served with grilled chicken, our pasture-raised beef or even pork chops! Once everything is chopped and ready to go, it's a snap!
- 1 ripe tomato, cored and chopped
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- ¼ small cantaloupe, seeded and chopped into small ¼" cubes
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup basil or mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp any oil (NOT extra virgin)
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together gently. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Taste the seasonings and add more jalapeno, lime, salt or pepper if needed.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 4 days.
- Use the salsa as a topping to your cooked chicken, steak, or pork chops.