Greek Orzo Salad
Serves: 6 servings
Olives and feta in this salad give it a salty-kick that's complimented by juicy Jersey Fresh tomatoes!
- 1¼ cups dried orzo
- 8 oz. feta cheese, cubed or coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup chopped roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp snipped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add feta, tomatoes, olives, basil, and parsley to the chilled pasta; stir to combine.
- In a jar with a screw-top lid, place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.