Serves: 8 servings
There's nothing like baking with fresh fruit. Pick it at the right time, there's a perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth.
- Add 3 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (approx. 2 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries; stir until butter is melted. Cool.
- Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until serving.