Fresh Corn Succotash
Serves: 6 servings
The key to tackling this recipe is to cook all the vegetables until just tender so they retain their fresh taste. You can pick up the onion, tomatoes and corn from our market! This recipe can be made a day ahead, but should be reheated before serving.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped red tomatoes (about 1½ lb)
- 2¼ cups corn kernels cut from 4 ears of corn
- 2 cups fresh lima beans
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sprinkle with salt. Saute until soft and translucent (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add garlic; stir until fragrant (approx. 1 minute).
- Add tomatoes, corn, and lima beans. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until corn and lima beans are tender and tomatoes are soft (approx. 20 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in basil right before serving.