Serves: 6 servings
There will be zero convincing to get your non-vegetable-loving family members to try a bite of an eggplant croquette. Don't count on it only just being a single bite, though!
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Place eggplant in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium-high 3 minutes. Turn eggplant over and microwave another 2 minutes. The eggplant should be tender, cook another 2 minutes if the eggplants are not tender. Drain any liquid from the eggplants and mash.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, onion, garlic and salt with the mashed eggplant in a medium bowl.
- Using your hands, mold the eggplant mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop eggplant patties one at a time into skillet.
- Fry each side of the patties until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Patties can be frozen before frying and cooked later.