Fresh. Healthy. Local. Grassfed. Pasture raised. 100% Angus. Jersey Fresh. All natural … there’s LOTS of good reasons to eat VonThun’s homegrown Angus beef! (Did we mention that our beef is super healthy?! You can actually taste the difference!) Our cattle are Fullblood and Purebred Aberdeen Angus … a breed well known for it’s natural marbling and tasty, tender, flavorful meat.
We currently offer our beef three ways: a la carte, as CSA Beef Shares, and in BeefBoxes.
Our a la carte beef is available in our farm markets, May through October. In our off season, we offer Beef Pick Up days (visit our website calendar at VonThunFarms.com for days & times). Our a la carte beef availability can be found on our website.
There are 3 size CSA Beef Shares that are currently available … Small Pack (approx. 5 pounds per month), Medium Pack (approx. 10 pounds per month), and Large Pack (approx. 20 pounds per month). Beef Share CSA is a four month program – programs run from October to January, February to May, and June to September. Folks can sign up for Beef Shares at any time, as members will be caught up on any monthly shares that they have missed. CSA Beef shares include all types of beef, including steaks, roasts, ribs, ground beef, and processed items (hamburgers, hotdogs, sausage, etc.)
BeefBoxes are an alternative for folks that want to purchase a variety of our beef in bulk at their convenience. BeefBoxes are available year round, as 15 and 25 pound packages. BeefBoxes include the same beef variety as the CSA Beef Shares.
Aahhhh … the smell of fresh pine. This time of year, there’s nothing better! Wreaths. Kissing Balls. Swags. Crosses. Candy Canes. Grave Blankets. Centerpieces. Bring a friend! This holiday season, consider participating in one of our Christmas Make & Take event- ‘Tis the season … and there’s nothing more rewarding than creating and crafting something yourself. SIGN UP HERE
The concept is simple …
We’ll supply everything you’ll need to make your own fresh evergreen Christmas decorations. We’ve got ribbon in every size, shape, & color … and plenty of festive add-on ornaments to match. Have your own ornament/decorations you’d prefer to use? Great … bring them along and add them to your wreath!
There’s lots of festive choices …
- 12 CLAMP WREATH: Will finish to be approximately 20″ … perfect for your door. ($20, includes bow of your choice). Decorations are available at an additional cost. Choose as many or as few as you want, or bring your own.
- 14 CLAMP WREATH: Will finish to be approximately 24″ … a little bigger wreath – great for a front door! ($23, includes bow of your choice). Decorations are available at an additional cost. Choose as many or as few as you want, or bring your own.
- CANDY CANE: Approximately 32″ tall. A fun alternative to the common wreath. They look great on a front door! ($25, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- DOOR ARCH SWAG: An elegant evergreen arch that looks great over any doorway, inside or out! ($20, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- DOOR CHARM: A fragrant vertical evergreen strip that is a simple alternative to the common wreath. Great for doors, inside or out! ($20, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- KISSING BALL: A fun holiday decoration! Hang a kissing ball right where you hung your hanging flower basket all summer… they’re great for some outdoor holiday color. A ball of evergreens adorned with flowing ribbon & simple decorations. ($25, includes decorations & ribbon of your choice)
- CROSS: Approximately 32″ long. Use this on your door or as a grave cover at the cemetery. ($30, includes elegant decorations & your choice of bow)
- GRAVE BLANKET: Approximately 36″ long by 22″ wide. Common size used for most grave sites. ($30, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- GRAVE PILLOW: Approximately 18″ long by 18″ wide. Appropriate for a smaller grave site. ($20, includes decorations & your choice of bow)
- EVERGREEN MUG: Create a simple evergreen arrangement that’s sure to fill any room with holiday fragrance! ($8, includes a ceramic Christmas mug & simple decorations)
- BASKET CENTERPIECE: Mixed evergreens in a white wicker basket ($20, includes a festive bow & simple decorations)
- DOUBLE CANDLE CENTERPIECE: An elegant table centerpiece with fragrant evergreens and two tall red candles. ($20, includes festive bows & simple decorations)
Class dates & times offered…
Classes typically run 1.5 – 2 hours, depending on the project you choose to make. SIGN UP HERE
- Friday, November 30 at 7pm
- Saturday, December 1 (Two classes offered): 1pm & 3pm
- Sunday, December 2 at 2pm
- Friday, December 3 at 7pm
- Saturday, December 8 (Two classes offered): 1pm & 3pm
- Sunday, December 9 at 2pm
- Friday, December 14 at 7pm
- Saturday, December 15 (Two classes offered): 1pm & 3pm
- Sunday, December 16 at 2pm
Make & take class details …
- Classes meet at VonThun’s Farm Market, 438 Route 57 West, Washington.
- There is no heat in the farm market … dress warm in layers rather than heavy coats, so you’ll be able to freely move about while working.
- When working with evergreens, your hands may get sappy. Bring gloves if you prefer.
- If you have a set of pruners that you’re comfortable using, bring those along too. If not, we’ve got them for you to use.
- Choose your special Christmas project from our list above.
- Space is limited. A $20 non-refundable deposit will reserve your class spot … SIGN UP HERE. Deposit will be deducted from your project total … final project cost will be determined upon project completion, & must be paid at the end of class. Cash, personal checks, Visa, MC, & Discover accepted.
- Although all projects are made with fresh evergreens & will last through December, centerpieces are best made closer to Christmas to keep them fresh since they’ll be used indoors.
We’ve got some special deals just for you … $AVE at both farm locations!!
Offers are valid through Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Take advantage of all three of our special deals … they’re available at both our South Brunswick & Washington, NJ farm locations.
They’re great gift ideas for those hard-to-buy-for folks on your holiday list
AND they’re super money saving opportunities for you as well!
DEAL #1 …
Weekly Veggie Basket Membership: Join NOW with a $100 deposit & pay in full by December 31 to receive FREE VonThun Farms Season Passes OR a $25 VonThun Farms gift card!*
- Membership in our CSA program promises you’ll be eating fresh, eating healthy, & eating local for weeks in 2019.
- Pick up your share at the farm or have it delivered to one of our host sites!
- CSA Shares make a great holiday gift … a gift of healthy eating that will last for months!
- Full, half, & personal Weekly Veggie Basket shares available starting at just $245 per season!
- Program starts in Spring 2019.
- *PERSONAL shares receive 1 pass, HALF & FULL shares receive 2
- GET PRICING & DETAILS FOR OUR CSA PROGRAM
DEAL #2 …
Half Price Season Passes (they make great stocking stuffers!)
Buy your passes
NOW and be ready for our 2019 events at both VonThun Farm locations!
Season Passes regularly retail for $29.99 + tax
TODAY’S PRICE: 50% OFF!
Our VonThun Farms Season Passes are valid for our farm event admission days including:
- U-Pick Strawberry Festival & Fun Days
- U-Pick Berry Festival & Fun Days
- The Sunflower Trail
- Fall Harvest, Festival, & Fun Days
- Columbus Day
- Moonlight Corn Maze
- *Activities vary & may be different at each farm location. Passes are registered to individuals & are not transferable
- Accept our Season Pass offer: use code ‘THANKS’
DEAL #3 …
FREE hamburgers or hotdogs with the purchase of any BeefBox.
From our pasture to your plate … eating fresh, healthy, & local has never tasted so good!
15 Pound BeefBox: $176
Why eat local beef?
- Get to know your farmer & know your food
- Cut down on the distance it takes for your food to get to you, which makes it FRESHER!
- Because it’s fresher, there’s more nutrients & less spoilage
- Local beef has a far superior taste than supermarket beef
- Our beef is much healthier for you… it’s all natural with no hormones or antibiotics
- Accept our Angus BeefBox offer: use code ‘THANKS’
Need more information or have questions? Give us a call (732.986.6816) or email us (Cindy@VonThunFarms.com)