Nothing says summer like the beauty of a wide open field of sunflowers! VonThun Farms Sunflower Trail is located in Washington Twp., Warren County NJ. Although some farms have sunflower mazes, we have a trail that’s carved into our sunflower field. There’s lots of sunflowers that are open, lots that are starting to open, and, as of today (July 30), even more that haven’t even thought about opening yet!
Bring the kids, and plan to make the Sunflower Trail your summer photo op destination! The field is beautiful and the views are amazing. We hope to have the Sunflower Trail open for at least ten days, if not longer, but Mother Nature will dictate that. Here’s the details…
OPENS FOR THE SEASON: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
LOCATION: VonThun Farms, 438 Route 57 West, Washington NJ, 07882 (Between Tractor Supply & Warren Co. College)
HOURS: 10am to 5pm Tuesday through Sunday (closed Monday)
COST: Sunflower Trail admission is $3 per person (kids age 3 & under are free). Cut your own sunflowers for just $2 per stem. Take advantage of our Sunflower/Berry Bundle for only $10: Includes Sunflower Trail admission, 3 (cut-your-own) sunflowers, and a pint container for picking raspberries/blackberries.
DON’T FORGET: Don’t forget to bring a camera. If you’re planning to take photos with your cell phone, make sure the phone is fully charged! You’ll be doing lots of walking, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
ALSO: Our farm market, cut-your-own sunflower field, and u-pick raspberry/blackberry fields are open daily (closed Monday)
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Cindy@VonThunFarms.com or call 732-986-6816
GOOD TO KNOW …
- For the safety of our visitor and livestock, no pets please. (Although we’d love to allow pets, if we allow the good ones, we’ll have to allow them all, even those that aren’t as good as their owners say they are.)
- It gets hot in the field. Bring a drink, and maybe even an umbrella on sunny days.
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, and closed toe shoes. The field can be uneven in spots, and the trail is dirt.
- Strollers are allowed, but may be tough to push in spots.
- Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes to get to and through our trail. (Photo op time additional!)
- Our farm market is open daily, 10am to 6pm.
- The Sunflower Trail is NOT offered at our South Brunswick location.
Nothing says SUMMER like local, homegrown, Jersey Fresh produce! Summer is in full swing, and so is our CSA Program. Now’s the time to savor the flavors of summer … are you taking advantage of all Jersey Fresh and local have to offer?! Did you miss out on joining a CSA Program earlier this season? Have you seen the CSA bounty of your friends and neighbors and wished you were a part of the program??
We are excited to announce VonThun’s CSA New Member Trial Program … a shortened version of our annual CSA Program. A limited number of shares are available, so if interested, sign up now! This program will no longer be available after August 1.
Details for our South Brunswick, NJ CSA shares …
Includes shares picked up at the farm in South Brunswick, as well as shares picked up at the following host sites: Amicus, Bristol Myers Squibb, East Brunswick, Highland Park, J&J Piscataway, Milltown, & Rutgers University. SIGN UP NOW!
- The program is for new members only.
- Program starts immediately & has 13 weeks left to the program.
- Pick up/host site delivery days can be found on our website (https://vonthunfarms.com/csa-host-sites/)
- Delivery fee to host sites are added at sign up and are pro-rated from full season delivery fee pricing.
- Pricing: FULL shares: $470, HALF shares: $325, PERSONAL shares: $240
- Jersey Fresh fruit (6 weeks), farm fresh egg (14 weeks), and homegrown, all natural Angus beef shares (4 weeks) are also available.
Details for our Washington, NJ CSA shares …
Includes shares picked up at the farm in Washington Twp, as well as shares picked up at the Phillipsburg host site. SIGN UP NOW!
- The program is for new members only.
- Program starts immediately & has 9 weeks left to the program.
- The CSA pick up/host site delivery day is Tuesday.
- Delivery fee to the Phillipsburg host site is added at sign up and is pro-rated from full season delivery fee pricing.
- Pricing: FULL shares: $325, HALF shares: $225, PERSONAL shares: $165
- Jersey Fresh fruit (6 weeks), farm fresh egg (9 weeks), and homegrown, all natural Angus beef shares (4 weeks) are also available.
Enjoy a relaxing outdoor YOGA session among the beauty of our Warren County farm!
“Get lost in nature and there you will find yourself”
Join us on the farm for a fun, creative, hour long outdoor yoga session.
Thursday night & Saturday morning classes are available
FARM YOGA IS AVAILABLE AT OUR WASHINGTON, NJ LOCATION ONLY.
Join us for our first ever ‘Yoga on the Farm’! VonThun Farms & M-Power Yoga have teamed up to bring you the serenity of a peaceful yet powerful outdoor yoga practice surrounded by our inquisitive barnyard animals & the gorgeous views of mountains and lush, growing farm fields.
Farm Yoga has many benefits and ways to nurture us with mindful movements, deep breathing and the experience of the present moment. You’ll be invited to nourish your spirit, relax your mind and support your body as we practice Fun Flow style classes for all levels and ages. Although registration is suggested,< www.m-poweryoga.com/farmyoga > it is not required.
WHEN: Sessions are offered sporadically throughout the summer on alternating Thursday nights & Saturday mornings. See schedule below.
WHERE: Class meets at VonThun’s Farm Market, 438 Route 57 West, Washington, NJ (between Tractor Supply & Warren Co. College) and will move to our fitness area behind the market
CLASS TYPE: Yoga
AUDIENCE: Health & fitness enthusiasts
THINGS TO BRING: Water bottle, towel or mat
COST: $15 per class. Participants will receive a 10% off farm market homegrown produce voucher at each session.
INSTRUCTOR: Mary from M-Power Yoga
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Email Cindy@VonThunFarms.com
Thursday, July 12 (7:15pm -8:15pm)
Saturday, July 21 (morning 9am-10am)
Saturday, July 28 (morning 9am-10am)
Thursday, August 9 (7:15pm -8:15pm)