Happy Valentines Day! If you LOVE the thought of eating fresh, eating healthy, & eating local, you’re going to LOVE our CSA Program! We’re more than ready for the promise of warmer weather and delicious, homegrown vegetables, and most likely you are too. It’s with great anticipation and excitement that we offer our 2018 Weekly Veggie Basket & CSA Program
AND, because we LOVE our dedicated customers, we have a special Coupon Code that will allow you to sign up now at our lowest price of the year … our Tier 1 pricing.
We welcome you to join us for the 2018 CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) season –
Use Coupon Code ‘LOVE18’ and Sign up NOW for your Weekly Veggie Basket, Homegrown Angus Beef, Jersey Fresh Fruit, and/or Farm Fresh Eggs, and you’ll be committed to eating fresh, eating healthy, & eating local throughout the Jersey Fresh season! (Our $20 saving coupon code is valid through February 16th only)
Got questions? Check out the details. For your convenience, we currently have CSA pick up at the farms in Washington Twp (Warren Co.) and South Brunswick (Middlesex Co), as well as in Milltown, Highland Park, East Brunswick, North Brunswick, and Rutgers University (Student Center on George Street). We also deliver to a few corporate host sites.
Where’s the beef?? Well … it’s right here, at VonThun Farms! Our very own grass fed, pasture raised, all natural, hormone & antibiotic free, healthy, homegrown Aberdeen Angus beef. VonTHun Farm’ homegrown beef is now available a la carte, (view our current beef availability ) and as a Beef CSA Share.
Although red meat has gotten a bad reputation for many years, it’s recently been making a big comeback. High quality beef is superior to many other protein sources, as calorie for calorie, it is one of the most nutrient-rich foods. And did you know that grass-fed beef is much healthier and better for you than store bought beef?! Grass fed beef is much leaner than conventional beef. It’s also higher in key nutrients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and a beneficial fat called conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) that’s been tied to improved immunity and anti-inflammation benefits. In addition, grass-fed beef has about 50% more omega-3 fatty acids than standard beef , which adds to its overall nutritional benefits...
- Our beef is high quality Angus. Through our Aberdeen Angus breeding program we strive for consistency & superior carcass traits in our animals which in turn ensures well marbled, tender meat.
- Our beef is grass fed & pasture-raised. We do not confine our steers or finish them with corn. Our cows & steers spend their lifetime rotationally grazing our lush grass pastures the way they nature intended. Throughout the winter our cattle receive supplemental homegrown hay as they continue to browse and roam the pastures.
- Our animals are treated humanely in a low stress environment and are genuinely happy animals.
- Our beef is all natural. We do not use antibiotics or hormones for growth in our animals.
- Our animals are raised in a sustainable environment. All the nutrients from the manure are left to be recycled back into the soil, as our cattle fertilize the pastures as they graze.
- Our beef is fresh. Our animals are brought directly from the farm to the butcher, who dry ages the meat. While at the butcher, our beef carcasses are hung to dry-age & achieve the best flavor and tenderness.
We hope you’ll put your faith in us and make us at VonThun Farms YOUR farmers this season. Where’s the beef? We hope that our beef will soon find it’s way from our pasture to your plate!
Want to learn more about horses, their care, and riding? As a newly recognized Pony Club Riding Center in Washington (Warren Co.) NJ, we’re offering Pony Club membership, which we’ve focused on the Western riding discipline. Although our year-round program offers National Pony Club curriculum, you don’t need to own a horse, or pony, to join!
Pony Club is not all about ponies as the name suggests! Pony Club is a nation-wide organization for horse lovers and young equestrians that develops leadership, confidence, and a sense of community through a program that teaches the care and handling of both horses and ponies. Pony Club is a fun group for young horse lovers, allowing them to make friends while learning and assessing their equine knowledge alongside others through badge and certificate programs. Our very own PonyPals Program was designed for horse lovers, ages 5 to 10. As a basic introductory program, PonyPals follows the same principals of national Pony Club, but at a much more basic beginner level, focusing on beginner knowledge, care and handling of both horses and ponies.
Know a horse-loving child that would enjoy Pony Club or PonyPals rather than playing sports this spring? Consider joining us – meetings will start in February. Not sure if one of these horse based program is for you? Let us know you’re coming and we’d be happy to meet you at the barn one day to introduce you to our ponies … they always love visitors!
Although neither our Pony Club, nor Pony Pals Program formally include horseback riding or mounted lessons, riding lessons are available at the farm at an additional cost. Our programs were designed this way to keep membership costs reasonable for all, while offering additional riding activities for those who desire them.
For more information about our Pony Club and PonyPals Programs, visit our website.