Serves: 6-8 servings
FOUR ingredients for this yummy dish. That's it! It'll be satisfying and easy to make.
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thinly slice the zucchini using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle salt all over the zucchini slices, toss thoroughly with your fingers and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the zucchini slices in a cheese cloth or and give it a good squeeze to take out all the moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- In a quiche pan, arrange half of the drained zucchini slices and sprinkle ½ cup cheese on top of them.
- Arrange a second layer of zucchini slices and pour the milk mixture over them.
- Finish the quiche with the remaining ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the zucchini quiche in the hot oven until set and the top of the quiche is golden brown (approx. 50-60 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and serve either warm or cold.