Sauteed Kohlrabi with Onions and Cream
Serves: 4 servings
Kohlrabi is a vegetable so many people aren't quite sure what to do with. It's definitely worth learning how to prepare a few different ways (like the recipe below). Who knows, you may even have a few staple meals you make that you decide you want to incorporate the flavors of kohlrabi into!
- Cubes of peeled kohlrabi
- Thinly sliced white onion
- Unsalted butter
- Finely shredded kohlrabi leaves
- Heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- Cook kohlrabi and onion in butter over medium-high heat until almost tender with fork.
- Stir in kohlrabi leaves, and cook until wilted.
- Add a generous splash of heavy cream, and cook for a few seconds to reduce.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve with your favorite protein (like our pasture-raised beef).