Collard Greens and Kale Pesto
Serves: 2 cups
A variation of the kale pesto in a previous post, the addition of the collard greens gives it a slightly bitter taste that really goes over well over pasta. Prepare some chicken breasts and serve with pasta, this can turn into a new favorite 30-minute meal!
- 1 small bunch collard greens, stems removed
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1½ oz. grated Parmesan (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook collard greens and kale in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and tender (approx. 45 seconds).
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain; squeeze out as much liquid as possible to avoid a watery sauce.
- Coarsely chop greens and place in a food processor. Add garlic, Parmesan, oil, peanuts, lemon zest, and lemon juice; process on low speed until a coarse but well-blended mixture forms - a choppy texture is important.
- Season with salt and plenty of pepper.