Red Pepper Relish
Serves: 6.5 cups
You can try serving this as an appetizer with goat cheese and crackers or top your burger or hot dog with it! The sugar added to the recipe cuts out any bitterness you may sometimes taste from the peppers.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium red bell peppers, diced small
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- ½ cup red-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add bell peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften (approx. 6 minutes).
- Add red-wine vinegar and sugar and simmer until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are tender (approx. 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Let cool completely (approx. 1 hour).