Favorite Broccoli Salad
Serves: 8 servings
We brought this to a family BBQ recently - people could not stop gushing about how delicious it was! Our family isn't big on mayo, but we didn't mind it one bit in this recipe!
- 8 cups of fresh broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ red onion , cut into thin bite sized slices
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup raisins or craisins
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Combine broccoli with the red onion, raisins, almonds, and cheese in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad.
- Let salad chill for about 3 hours.This allows the flavors to meld.
- Add the bacon at the end to keep it crisp. Season with salt and pepper and serve.