Serves: 72 servings
Slather this on your morning toast, an english muffin or a corn muffin! The cinnamon and ground cloves add flavors that prevent the peach butter from being too sweet.
- 14 cups coarsely chopped peeled fresh peaches (approx. 5.5 lbs)
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Cover and cook on low until peaches are very soft, stirring occasionally (approx. 8-10 hours).
- Stir in tapioca. Cook, uncovered, on high (approx. 1 hour).
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.