Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
Serves: 12 servings
Another lemon and blueberry concoction that's refreshing and slightly tart. Good luck on only having one piece!
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tbsp flour.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (approx. 55-60 minutes). Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake as icing.