Kale, Clementine and Feta Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
Serves: 6 servings
The ingredients in this salad offer a great blend of crunch and creaminess. Feel free to add in your favorite protein as well!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 avocado, diced
- Handful dried cranberries
- 2 clementines, peeled and sliced into rounds or small strips
- 4 small radishes, sliced into thin rounds and then into skinny strips
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Make the dressing by whisking together lime juice, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, chili powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the kale by slicing out the stems and chopping out the leaves into small, bite-sized pieces. Transfer the kale to a big salad bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the kale and massage the leaves with your hands by lightly scrunching big handfuls at a time, until the leaves are darker in color and fragrant.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the kale and toss well so the kale is lightly coated with dressing. Add the prepared avocado, dried cranberries, clementines, radishes, cilantro and feta to the bowl.
- Toss the salad to combine and serve.