Serves: 1 cup
Kale chips are a great, healthy alternative to the salty and oily chips you can purchase in the grocery store. The key to getting these just right is correctly seasoning them and knowing your oven so you don't overcook them. They have such a great crunch - you'll wonder what you were doing buying chips all these years!
- 1 bunch kale
- ½ tsp. salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash kale. DRY THOROUGHLY. This is the key to crisp chips.
- Remove and discard any thick kale stems, and tear leaves into large pieces.
- Spread leaves in single layer on 2 large cookie sheets.
- Spray leaves with nonstick cooking spray to coat lightly; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake kale just until kale chips are crisp but not browned (approx. 12-15 minutes).
- Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks.