Wine Glazed Radishes with Kohlrabi
Serves: 6 servings
A great dish that incorporates two of our earliest crops: kohlrabi and radishes! It has a great buttery taste that'll make you fall in love with cooking these crops.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large bunch globe radishes (about 12), halved, plus leafy green tops for serving
- 1 large or 2 small kohlrabies (about ¾ lb), peeled and cut into ½" wedges
- 1 cup Lillet Blanc wine
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. When it boils, reduce heat to medium; simmer until foamy.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan, until foam subsides, butter turns golden brown with a nutty aroma, and milk solids separate into brown specks that sink to bottom (approx. 2-7 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add chopped radishes, kohlrabi, Lillet, and ¾ cup water. Generously season with salt and pepper. Boil, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender and liquid is reduced to a glaze that evenly coats vegetables (approx. 15 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving bowl; let cool 5 minutes. Toss with radish greens; serve.