Honey Garlic Green Beans
Serves: 8 servings
You can get the green beans and the honey from the farm market for this slightly sweet recipe. If you like the honey and soy sauce mixture, it's a great addition to carrots, chicken and pork!
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt and crushed red pepper flakes and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add beans in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Once all the beans are cooked, add cooking spray to pot used to boil the beans. Add beans; cook, stirring constantly, over high heat until slightly blistered (approx. 2-3 minutes).
- Add sauce; continue stirring until beans are coated and sauce starts to evaporate slightly (approx. 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.