Farmhouse Apple Crumb Pie
Serves: 8 servings
Guaranteed to be the quickest, simplest, most delicious pie you've ever made! We choose to use store bought crust ... it's just as good, and easier than home made! The difference in our apple pie is that we use a variety of apples - some that are a little more tart, some a little more sweet. And, we pack the pie plate FULL of apples to make a nice, tall pie.
- 1 pie crust
- 10-12 thinly sliced, peeled apples
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 bag Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 stick of softened butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against the side and bottom.
- In a large bowl, add apples and dry ingredients and mix until all apple slices have a generous coating.
- Add filling to pie crust.
- Mix the cookie mix and butter with a fork to make crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top of the apples.
- Once in the oven, put a tin foil tent loosely over the pie to prevent burned crust.
- Put a piece of tin foil under the pie as well, to catch any drippings.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour.