Serves: 4 servings
An easy addition to an already-easy meal. Pasta is such a great comfort food already, and the richness from the plum tomatoes and eggplant really makes this a tasty meal your whole family will look forward to.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- 1 can plum tomatoes with juice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant (approx. 1-2 minutes).
- Add eggplant; cook, stirring constantly, until eggplant is softened (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and juice; cook until sauce is slightly reduced (approx. 20 minutes).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite.
- Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta.