Cucumbers and Radishes in Yogurt Sauce
Serves: 6 servings
This salad is technically called "smashed cucumber and radishes in yogurt sauce". That's because the recipe calls for you to dig in and smash the vegetables into bite size pieces - in the process, you release some of the best flavors of each of the two primary ingredients!
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- 4 oz. cucumbers
- 4 oz. red radishes, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- Combine garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl and let sit 5 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt, oil, and sugar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk into garlic mixture.
- Cut cucumbers and radishes into bite-size pieces and fold into yogurt mixture. Season salad with more salt and lots and lots of pepper.
- Transfer salad to an airtight container; cover and chill at least 2 hours. Shake to combine before serving.