Au Gratin Potatoes
Serves: 8 servings
Reserve this recipe for your dinner guests who love cheese because these potatoes are CHEESY! Don't expect any leftovers - these will go fast!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbs[ all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened (approx. 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake until the potatoes are tender (approx. 30-40 minutes).