Cool Cucumber Pasta
Serves: 8 servings
Crunchy cucumbers and tender pasta? Great mix of textures with even better flavors that bring it all together!
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl; stir in the oil, cucumbers and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.