Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Serves: 16 servings
Another fabulous summer salad option to bring to your weekly summer BBQ. The green beans, onion and tomatoes can all be picked up at the farm market!
- 2 lb fresh green beans, stems removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a large pot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered until crisp-tender (approx. 8-10 minutes). Drain and immediately place into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper.
- Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese.