Quick Collard Green Saute
Serves: 4 servings
Our traditional collard green recipe is great - this recipe has the same great flavors in a fraction of the time it takes to make the other one!
- 1 large bunch collard greens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Wash the collard greens thoroughly. Remove the stems that run down the center.
- The tender young leaves in the heart of the collards don’t need to be stripped.
- Stack 6 to 8 leaves on top of one another, roll up, and slice into ½" thick slices.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant.
- Add the collard greens, and saute until bright green (approx. 4 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken broth and cook until the liquid evaporates (approx. 2 minutes).