Vegetarian Collard Greens
Serves: 10 servings
Most recipes out there incorporate one meat component or another, whether it be ham or chicken broth. This recipe is completely vegetarian-friendly with the same great taste as a non-vegetarian version!
- 2 lbs collard greens
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Wash greens well, submerging in a sink full of cold water to remove any dirt and grit. Drain well. Cut off the stems. Stack about 5-8 leaves on top of each other, then roll lengthwise. Cut rolled up leaves into 1" slices. Repeat until all the greens are done, and add to a large pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until greens are extremely tender.
- Serve hot, using a slotted spoon to drain the liquid from the greens.