Caramelized Butternut Squash
Serves: 6 servings
Sweet and savory in every bite!
- 2 medium butternut squash (approx. 4-5 lb)
- 6 -8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard. Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1¼" to 1½" cubes - making sure the size is uniform - and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize (approx. 45-55 minutes).
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.