Grilled Squash and Salsa Verde
Serves: 4-6 servings
Another great option to liven up your vegetable side dish for a meal. Summer squash has a very neutral flavor so the possibilities are nearly endless in how many ways you can prepare and season it.
- 4-5 assorted medium squash (about 3½ lb)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup raw, unsalted, pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salsa (homemade or store-bought) Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat (approx. 300-350 degrees),
- Cut squash lengthwise into ¼" thick slices.
- Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Grill until lightly caramelized (approx. 10 minutes).
- Place on serving platter and top with spoonfuls of salsa and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper to garnish.