Blackberry Cake Cobbler
Serves: 12 servings
This recipe has a little magic in it. Instead of the traditional biscuit crust on a cobbler, you put a cake mix on the bottom of the pan and the blackberry filling on top. The cake then cooks to the top! Try it out and see what we're talking about.
- 2½ cup fresh blackberries, washed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Stir together just the berries and sugar in a large bowl and let it sit for 25-30 minutes. This will bring the juices of the blackberries so that they can be sweetened up by the sugar, this process is called macerating.
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk with a wooden spoon.
- Next, stir in the melted butter and hand-mix it until the ingredients are well incorporated and you have few clumps.
- Use a 8"x8"x2" baking dish. Lightly grease the pan. Pour in the batter and smooth it out.
- Pour the macerated blackberries on top with all the sugar included and evenly distribute it over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Let it set up for 15 minutes and then serve with ice cream or whipping cream.