Quick & Simple Berry Crumb Crisp
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8-10 servings
Quick & simple sums up this delicious summer dessert! Keep the ingredients on hand and plan to make this dish often. The family will love it - and so will you once you see how easy it is to make. Make it in the fall with apples too!
- Fresh picked berries (any type, or mix of different types)
- 1 can pie filling (to compliment the berries you are using)
- 1 can pineapple tidbits
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1 stick cold butter
- Wash berries. Remove caps if you are using strawberries. You can use as many or as few berries as you want. We use about 3 cups of berries.
- Mix the fresh berries & pineapple with the pie filing.
- Place the cookie mix in a bowl. Cut in the butter, using a fork, until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Place the berry mixture in a baking dish. Sprinkle the cookie mixture over the berries.
- Bake at 350* until the crumbs are golden brown. Serve warm or cool.