Amaretto Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad
Serves: 4 cups
This can be served as a summer side or dessert - it's up to you! The only challenge with this recipe is keeping yourself from eating all of the juicy watermelon and cantaloupe while cooking.
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- ⅛ teaspoon amaretto
- 2 cups watermelon balls (approx. ½ watermelon)
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls (approx. 1 cantaloupe)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring combination to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until sugar has dissolved).
- Take pan off heat and cool the syrup. Any extra cooled syrup can be stored in airtight container in the fridge for future cooking!
- In a blender, combine mint, lemon juice, simple syrup, and amaretto. Blend until smooth and set aside your vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and the cantaloupe. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.