Turnip Greens and Potatoes
Serves: 4-6 servings
This dish can be served warm or room temperature and is a tasty and filling side dish.
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, pureed with salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 lb red potatoes, cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb turnip green leaves, washed
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked through (approx. 20-25 minutes). Drain potatoes and let cool slightly.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil with the olive oil. Add the greens and boil for 5 minutes, until done to taste.
- Drain well and chop coarsely. Place warm greens and potatoes in a shallow mixing bowl, drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve warm or room temperature.