Tex-Mex Squash Casserole
Serves: 8 servings
This is a great recipe to incorporate your summer squashes. It's low-carb and super tasty!
- 2 lb summer squash, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 can rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, grated (reserve ½ cup for topping)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add squash, onion and ¾ tsp salt to a large pot and cover with water. Simmer until crisp tender (approx. 7-9 minutes). Strain squash and onions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together squash and remaining ingredients (except ½ cup cheese). Adjust salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour mixture into a medium sized casserole dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly (approx. 20-30 minutes).
- Allow to set 5-10 minutes before serving (so you don't lose the cheese in the transfer onto plates).