Strawberry Balsamic Chicken
Serves: 4 servings
A different take on a classic summer favorite - the caprese salad. Instead of the classic tomato and mozerella, this recipe utilizes strawberries for a sweet, fresh and delicious meal!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella ball (or shredded mozzarella), roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chicken breasts and ½ cup balsamic in a ziploc bag. Refrigerate for 5 minutes - 5 hours.
- When ready to cook, place chicken in a baking dish and our the remaining vinegar on top. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining ½ cup vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together strawberries, mozzarella, and basil to make a caprese topping.
- Add generous amount of caprese to each chicken breast, and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.