Roasted Butternut Squash
Serves: 4 servings
We all tend to veer away from squash like butternut or spaghetti because they're hard to cut. Try this tip to easily chop and peel your squash: make several large slits through the skin with the tip of a sharp knife. Microwave the squash on high for 3-5 minutes to soften the skin. Remove squash from the microwave and let it rest until it's cool enough to handle.
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned (approx 25-30 minutes).