Kale and Walnut Pesto
Serves: 4 servings
You can add this pesto to your favorite pasta, sandwich or even just serve with slices of semolina bread as an appetizer!
- 1 medium bunch kale, center ribs and stems removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp (or more) fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Blanch kale in a large pot of boiling salted water (approx. 1 minute). Drain and rinse with cold water to cool; wring dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Transfer to a food processor and add garlic, Parmesan, and walnuts. Pulse until coarsely chopped. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream and process to a coarse purée.
- Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.