VonThun's Homemade Apple Pie
Serves: 8 Slices
The thing about apple pie is...everyone loves it! We choose to use store bought crust ... it's just as good, and easier than home made! The difference in our apple pie is that we use a variety of apples - some that are a little more tart, some a little more sweet. And, we pack the pie plate FULL of apples to make a nice, tall pie.
- 2 pie crusts
- 10-12 thinly sliced, peeled apples
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place pie crust in a pie plate. Press firmly against the side and bottom.
- In a large bowl, add apples and dry ingredients and mix until all apple slices have a generous coating.
- Add filling to pie crust.
- Cover with additional pie crust & crimp the top & bottom crust edges together.
- Make vent holes throughout the top crust with a fork.
- Once in the oven, put a tin foil tent loosely over the pie to prevent burned crust.
- Put a piece of tin foil under the pie as well, to catch any drippings.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour.