Sauteed Mustard Greens with Garlic and Lemon
Serves: 8 servings
This is a great introductory recipe for someone new to cooking greens like mustard greens.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs mustard greens, washed, trimmed, and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until garlic is golden brown and crispy (approx. 1 minute).
- Stir in greens, in batches; cook until wilted (approx. 1-2 minutes) before adding more greens. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp (approx. 10-12 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice and ¼ tsp crushed red pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in an additional ¼ tsp crushed red pepper, if desired.