Olive Oil Roasted Eggplant with Lemon
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut each half into quarters lengthwise. Cut each of those in half to make two shorter quarters.
- Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down. Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown (approx. 25-30 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot.