Serves: 12 servings
Caramelized onions can go on virtually anything - we like them on top of our pasture-raised beef products, especially on steaks!
- 3 lbs yellow onions (6-9 medium onions)
- 1-1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Halve and slice onions.
- Coat 12" skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onions in oil, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden (approx. 15-20 minutes).
- Stir in thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Serve warm or cover and chill for up to 5 days.