Pick-Your-Own strawberries are available at both our South Brunswick, NJ & our Washington, NJ (Warren Co.) locations. We start the season in mid- to late-May picking strawberries at the South Brunswick farm, as the slightly warmer climate tends to ripen them a little sooner. A week or two later we usually start picking strawberries at the Washington farm. Our strawberry season usually comes to an end around mid-June at the South Brunswick farm, and ends about two weeks later at the Washington farm (due to the slightly cooler climate that lengthens the season a little).
Strawberries are our first U-Pick crop each season … they’re traditionally available mid-May through mid-June. Our delicious, homegrown strawberries are available for both pre-picked and for pick-your-own.
The strawberry season is short, is always weather dependent, and can vary greatly. Although the Jersey strawberry season usually lasts until mid-June, watch for our Social Media postings for this seasons picking conditions and availability. Excessively cool or warm weather, as well as lots of rain, can really alter the strawberry crop.
Our Strawberry Festival (at our South Brunswick location only) …
Our Strawberry Festival is traditionally scheduled for the first weekend in June. Occasionally, cool days & nights prolong the ripening of our berries, so there are times we are forced to change the festival date. Although U-Pick strawberries are always the main activity of our Strawberry Festival weekend, there are always lots of other fun family activities as well.
U-Pick Strawberries…$3.49/pound; $3.19/10 pounds or more
Picking Passes (for admission into the strawberry fields)…$5 per person (includes a $5 credit for purchased pick-your-own strawberries). This does NOT include admission to our activity area. Picking Passes are available throughout our pick-your-own strawberry season.
Strawberry Festival Admission...$7.95 per person (+ tax). This does NOT include admission to the pick-your-own strawberry fields. Strawberry Festival admission is available ONLY for our Strawberry Festival Weekend.
Strawberry Festival Admission Combo…$10.95 per person (+ tax)…includes admission to the Festival area, admission to the pick-your-own strawberry fields, & a credit for a FREE pound of u-pick strawberries. Strawberry Festival Combo admission is available ONLY on our Strawberry Festival Weekend.
Take Note …
- Although Jersey Fresh strawberries taste much better than store bought strawberries, they do not keep nearly as long or as well. Be sure to eat your fresh picked strawberries shortly after you get them home.
- Select plump, firm, fully red berries. The small berries are often most flavorful. Only solid red berries are completely ripe. Partially white, or unripe berries will not ripen once picked.
- Strawberry measurements: 1 quart = 2 pints = 4 cups and weighs 1.25 lbs 1 quart is normally enough for 4 servings
- One cup of strawberries contains only 43 calories.
- U-pick strawberries are much healthier than store-bought. Consumer reports says store bought strawberries have so many pesticide and fungicide residues on they, they don’t recommend you eat them!
- It takes 10 to 15 minutes to pick a quart, if the berries are reasonably plentiful
- Plan and be careful not to over-purchase as strawberries quickly mold when left at room temperature, and only last a couple of days in the refrigerator.
- You can easily FREEZE BERRIES that you can not use right away – just wash, cut the hulls off and put into a ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible. Frozen berries will keep for a few months..